Imagine the power of integrating with social media, interviews, speaking engagements, courses ….
Your book can:
- Position you as an expert in your field and differentiate you from your competition
- Help you find and qualify new leads
- Laser-focus your business strategy as you write
- Create new revenue streams
- Attract speaking engagements and interviews
- Train your staff, contractors, marketing partners and others how to work with you
- Help you get to a place where you will have more time to travel and to spend with your family
That’s right. Publishing means business! As a busy leader in your community, you have a wealth of knowledge and loads of material: speeches, articles, blogposts, notes for a book you might write, lengthy explanatory emails and ever so much more.
YOU are not starting with a blank page. Let’s find the book you are meant to write by sifting through the material you already have and finding ways to refine, develop, refocus, repurpose and augment your existing work.
Don’t end up with a basement full of books. From the beginning you will:
- define your audience very carefully
- identify in what unique way you solve their problems
- build the relationships you need to sell the book as you write
- connect with buyers who need to know what you have to tell them
- be clear about your story structure, narrative and voice
- know the basics of the writing, editing, publishing process
- avoid common pitfalls
You will leave this deep-dive seminar with a clear plan and all the tools and resources you need to finish.
Alastair Ross Technology Centre
3553 31 St NW, Calgary, AB, T2L 2K7
Friday, January 25, 6 – 9 pm
- Review your successes and analyze your niche.
- Count up what you have already produced: your speeches, blogposts, slideshares, websites, business plan, video and review your social media channels.
- Learn whether self-publishing, traditional or hybrid publishing is your best option.
- If you want feedback from an agent and/or publisher, we will put your proposal in their hands.
Saturday, January 26, 10 – 4 pm
- Get started on your book with a strong outline that will solve your reader’s problems.
- Build a promotion plan to make money from your book even before it’s finished.
- We will cover social media, publicity, advertising and more.
- Special guests include Stan Peake whose most recent book, How to Sell in Any Economy, written with Catherine Brownlee and Lee Cassells, launched as a bestseller in October. Stan is a nationally recognized speaker, writer, performance coach and independent publisher.
SO, What is stopping you?
Time? The best business authors are busy people. You too can learn to make time to write. You can also streamline and multi-purpose your content for marketing as you create it.
Knowledge? Are you overwhelmed by all the details you might not know? Come to the workshop and build a step-by-step plan to get it done.
Fear? Of what? Let’s face those fears together and plan to get through the tough spots. You might want to find accountability partners to help you.
Money? You will definitely need to invest some money into publishing your book, but it might not be as much as you think and let’s look at some ways to raise that cash as you write.
To January 5, 2019 — $99.00, a savings of $50.00
January 24, 2019 — $149.00
- workshop for 3 hours Friday and 6 hours Saturday
- coffee, snacks, Saturday lunch
- seminar workbook
- submission of your proposal to an agent and publisher for their feedback, if you wish
Contact email@example.com for further information.
Presented by Your Book is Your Business PR, Inc with Anduro Marketing
Lyn Cadence (Your Book is Your Business PR, Inc.) has worked for publishing companies in Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary for over 25 years. In addition, she has worked with independently published authors for the past 10. She was an early adopter of social media and is on the content contributor team with the Calgary Marketing Association.
Jeff Nelson (Anduro Marketing) has an MBA (Haskayne School of Business) and a BA from the University of Alberta. His career encompasses the IT industry, specifically sales and marketing. Jeff’s consulting assignments include digital marketing strategy, marketing metrics reporting, and process re-engineering. He is also a business instructor and professor at the University of Calgary, SAIT Polytechnic and Mount Royal College.